For example, check out this mobile app tour guide for Boston:
Contact Mapocosm to find out more!
Many Kinds Of Apps!!Here are just a few examples where location-based mobile apps can be a huge benefit to organizations of all sizes...
- A real estate agent publicizes her current inventory of properties, complete with pictures and descriptions, and even brags about past successes.
- A logistics company provides a mobile app for drivers or customers to quickly find any of their locations.
- A college campus provides a mobile app to all students, faculty, and visitors, showing all building locations with pictures, descriptions, and phone numbers.
- An outlet mall takes down their confusing directories that never seem to be where you need them, and provides a free mobile app directory to all shoppers.
- A park ranger needs to give visitors up-to-date maps with trails, facilities, first aid, marked off-limits zones, and park features to visit.
- A franchise would like their patrons to easily find any of their restaurants and get photos, hours of operation, and phone numbers.
- The owner of a golf course wants to market to newcomers before they visit, and give a gift that is useful to members and their guests.
- The organizer of a First Night celebration has dozens of venues, each with a schedule for the night's activities, with phone numbers and links.
- A town's chamber of commerce or scout troop makes a fundraiser by charging local businesses a fee to be showcased in a mobile app about their town.
- A non-profit would like to publicize their many projects to potential donors as a mobile app, instead of all those mailers that get thrown away.
- A county fair publishes an app showing all visitors the locations and descriptions of each vendor or service provider.
- Hikers, bikers, skiers, and runners like to share trail information, and clubs can use a mobile app to recruit new members and help visitors get oriented.
How To Create Your Own Mobile AppBy entering your content into a geographic website such as Google Maps My Places, your can create a rich multimedia experience complete with a wide range of location services. No special skills are required. The result is a highly useful app that can not only display your locations and descriptions, but also get directions, search for locations, and much more. The location-based experience is deep enough to create far higher user adoption rates than simple mobile apps based only on web content.
Standard Feature Set
- Mobile app builds for both Android (released) and iPhone (in development)
- Custom map and multimedia content is bundled with the app, so no other downloads are required for the user to get started
- Explore the details of points of interest, including descriptions, photos, and links to websites, email, and phone numbers
- Search nearby your location or any point of interest
- Show search results on the map or show location details from Google Places
- Get directions to any point of interest or any result of searching nearby
- Show directions route on the map or get a text listing
- Save a list of favorite search results and specific locations
- App title, icon, splash screen
- All geographic features as imported from a KML File
- "More" page is customer-defined web content that can also link to other pages
- License agreement
- Change various default app settings
See For Yourself, No Cost
You can use Mapcosm's Map Explorer app to try this out for yourself at no risk! Here's how:
- Enter your locations and content. Go to Google Maps My Places, and click on the red button "CREATE MAP".
- Name your map, enter all locations and descriptions, and save your content.
- Your saved map will have some links that look like the image to the right. Right-click on the "KML" link and copy the link address.
- Paste this KML link in an email to yourself (or someone else).
- Download and install Map Explorer Pro to your smartphone (Android only is supported at this time).
- Open email on your smartphone, find your message and click on the KML link.
- The Map Explorer Pro application will be launched and your map and content will automatically start to download.
- Explore and enjoy!
Contact Mapocosm to find out more!